Tuesday, July 17, 2018

NO TECH Tuesday - More Learning Sensory Bottles

I love creating things for my class!  I ordered VOSS water when I place an order at Amazon.  They are $2 each.  I drink the water and recycle the bottle.

I realized I had some rice in my cabinet.  I don't usually buy rice, so I know this is out.  I decided to dye it different colors.

I am planning to make different colors for each bottle.  I am not sure what all I plan to put in each one, but I can add things to it after school starts.  Maybe I will do one per theme if I have little things to put in the bottle.

So far, I have made red, blue, green, and purple.

I put the rice in a bowl, added food coloring, and two "lid fulls" of rubbing alcohol.  It seems like the rubbing alcohol activates the food coloring and makes it brighter.

After I stir it up and make it the color that I want, it is necessary to spread it out (on a plate) to let it air dry.  I let it dry a few hours, but mixed it up a few times just to make sure it was all dry.  Then, I put it inside the bottle.  I will add the "other items" later.  If I find something before school starts, I'll make another post.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...