Saturday, June 23, 2018

Tuesday at TCEA Conference in Galveston



My brain was on overload after the first full day, but I drank some more caffeine and powered through in order to make it to the next few classes.

*BrainPop 
It does so many things.  You can set up several teachers and each teacher can set up their class.  The instructor said if you are all using the same code to access BrainPop or BrainPop Jr. then you aren't doing it correctly.  The ADMIN person that set up the account has a code they can share so it can be used correctly.
I was amazed at all the things that it can do, what you can assign your students, and how they can create things including clips of movies, etc. 

*Learning on the Go with GooseChase
Do you remember doing scavenger hunts when you were a kid?  Well, now you can do them with today's modern technology!







If you haven't done a "GooseChase" be sure to participate the next time the opportunity presents itself.  It is fun.  

There are educator accounts that won't cost anything, so check it out!  It is awesome!!  So much to learn and so little time.

*Coding with Pre-Readers









*Interactive Four-Year-Olds - this class would be good only if you have the "SMART" brand  SMART board in your room.  I don't have that brand, so this class wasn't for me.  

*Little Hands and Big Ideas: PreK Technology Integration
The little ones can use technology if you teach them how to do it properly.  Some things you can use with them are:
Bee-Bots
Robot Mice
Ozobots
iMotion
QR Code
Osmo
Interactive Whiteboards







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...