Saturday, June 16, 2018

Monday at TCEA Elementary Conference

I just love the technology conference in Galveston.  SERIOUSLY, you should attend next year!  This was my 5th year to attend and I always have a fun time and enjoy meeting other teachers that love to learn!  I was told it would be able the same time next year and would be in Galveston again.

Day one - Monday:
Green Screen
DIY Listening Centers
Google Slides
Birds of a Feather - PREK Teachers
Alexa
KIBO

I really enjoyed all these classes and the presenters were very knowledgeable!  It is great to learn new things that I can incorporate in the upcoming school year.

Green Screen - Try the app DOINK or STIKBOT.  These both are great.

DIY Listening Center - This was so cool!  I'll be teaching PREK next year and I think this will be a great center for them.  It uses the app called VOICE RECORDER on the iPad and it looks like an old-fashion cassette tape!  AWWWW THOSE WERE THE DAY!!  No, I'm not old, so don't say and don't think it!  If you don't know the joys of recording things off the radio onto a cassette tape - YOU HAVE MISSED OUT!  :)  If you have, you understand what I mean.

Google Slides - I love all things GOOGLE!  I am sure you are tired of hearing that, but that's okay.  I have to say it again.  I LOVE GOOGLE!  https://sites.google.com/view/tcea18/home?authuser=0

We learned things like:
page sizes
insert images easily
shape engine
masking
inserting videos
Keep integration
voice typing
download options
and more

Birds of a Feather - A group of PREK teachers all in the same room!
Successful things in the classroom:

Building Blocks (website that works with Smartboards/Mimio)
Bugs and Bubbles
Bugs and Numbers
Writing Wizard
Counting Caterpillar
Doodle buddy (app)
Starfall.com
Blue-bots
Bee-bots (also an app)
AR Flash cards (app)
ABC Mouse
ABC Ya
Starfall.com

Alexa - Do you have one in your classroom?  You should get one.  It is great for setting alarms, spelling words, finding out facts about animals, making animal sounds, etc.





KIBO - floor robots without a screen.  These are a little pricey but are really cool.  You build them with blocks and then scan them and the robot does the commands.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...