Monday, November 18, 2019

Technology Makes Everything Better - Scarves For My Class

When I first starting making scarves for my kindergarten classes, I used gold glitter paint.  Now that I have a Cricut, I use it to cut their names.  Technology is great!  It makes the scarves look so much better!

Start with the blanket from Walmart.



You need to unfold carefully - it will be folded in thirds - which helps because you are wanting to make 6 scarves out of one blanket. 

I used my quilting ruler and rotary cutter to make a straight line.  Also cut off the edges because they have a thread that hemmed it.  (You can use scissors or sheers to cut them.)


Now cut the ends, make slits.  I didn't measure and it doesn't matter if they are straight.  You are going to knot them.


Now you do the knots.



I had previously created and cut the names with glitter HTV with my Cricut.  If you don't have one, then you can use glitter fabric paint for the names.


Finally, I used the Cricut HeatPress for the names.  Set it on 315 degrees for 10 seconds.


DONE!


So now you have a great Christmas gift for each student in your class.  It only takes about 2 hours to make a class set of about 20 students.   Do the math... it is about 42 cents a piece each.  

THE KIDS WILL LOVE THEM!  I have made these for many years now!

Just a hint:
It is more fun and less stress to do it in stages.

Create the names and cut them one day.
Cut the blankets another day.
Then sit down with a good movie and cut the ends and tie the knots.  
Iron all at one time.

ALL DONE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...