Sunday, April 7, 2019

LINK to a Particular Spot in a Document!

Did you know that you can LINK to a particular spot in a Google Doc?  


YES YOU CAN!


If you don't need the entire document and only need to link the reader to a PARTICULAR spot in a document you can do with by using a BOOKMARK.

A WHAT?

A BOOKMARK!

Yes, it is that simple.  Just put a BOOKMARK in your document.

How do I do that?  I'm sure you are asking yourself that question. WELL...... it's your lucky day because I am going to tell you!

In your Google Doc, go to the spot you want them to read.  For example you want to point directly to your references part of your document. 

Put your mouse/cursor on that spot and click so that it is blinking.
Then click INSERT at the top in the menu bar. 



It gives you the drop-down menu and you click on BOOKMARK, which is at the bottom of the list.
It will then give you a BLUE FLAG. 

For example:



You will get a menu that says


Then you will need to RIGHT CLICK on the word LINK.  

A menu will pop up and you need to click on COPY LINK ADDRESS.



Now you can PASTE the link where ever you need it.

BOOM! DONE!
You now have a link that will take you directly to your references or whatever it is that you need. 

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!  YOUR WELCOME!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...