Saturday, November 3, 2018

All Things Google - Pear Deck

As most of you know, I love all things Google.  Anytime the district offers Google type training, I try to attend.  Now that I am in Pre-K this year, I am not always sure that things will be helpful or apply to my grade level, but I am still willing to learn.  I love to learn!  I am a life-long learner.

Today was the Google Slides training about Pear Deck.  It is a really cool tool!  

It is free for the first month.  After the first month, you can get three more free months with the link in the handout.  Most of the features work in the free version.  If you make some activities during the free time, they will still work after the free trial is over.

I like the drawing option as one of the answer choices.  I made a sample lesson where the students can use the drawing option so the students can write the letter.  

Example: I decided to make a "beginning sounds" lesson.  The students look at a picture (pumpkin) and then they have to write the letter "p".

This is a really great tool and I look forward to using it to make some more interactive lessons.  

The challenge will be having the students use their individual devices correctly and staying on task.  Sometimes I have to remind myself they are only four and need more assistance than kindergarten.  The daily challenges are real, they are tough, but in the end they are worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...