Saturday, October 13, 2018

We Love the Panel!

YIPPIE!

I felt brave again this week and decided to try something new.

We used the panel successfully again!  It was so fun!  They loved it!  They were so happy to see themselves on the panel.  It was so sweet to hear them talk about their photos and point out their friends.  They were fascinated just looking at their own pictures.  Little did they know they were learning just looking at the photos and names.

Recognizing names is an important part of the Pre-K curriculum.  It covers so many things.  We do lessons such as: letter recognition, letter matching, uppercase and lowercase letters, beginning sounds, syllables, etc.

I am very impressed how careful they were, how they helped tell each other how to do it, and how smoothly they came up to it and took turns.

The second time we used it, they took to it like "a duck takes to water" as my grandma used to say.  It was a natural thing for them.  I am amazed at how fast they adapted to using it.  It makes me think they will be able to use it as effectively and efficiently as the kindergarten class did last year.

I have high hopes for the next several pages of our "Morning Meeting"!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Extension Table No Tech Needed

My newest hobby is sewing.  I have watched numerous videos on different things.  The more I watch and learn, the more I realize that I neede...